this image shows the pathway of the spinothalamic tract (sometimes called the spinothalamocortical tract)
"this tract carries our sense of touch (ant. part) and the sense of pain and temperature (the lat. part)"
1. receptors of touch , pain and temperature
2. spinal nerve (first order)
3. spinothalamic tract in the spinal cord (second order) "crossed to the other side"
4. thalamus (VPLN)
5. thalamocortical tract through the internal capsule (third order)
6. cerebral cortex(somatosensory area) (center)