Total Knee Replacement Surgery was first performed in 1968 in USA, more than millions of Knee Replacement Surgery are performed every year in India , Success ration of Knee Replacement surgery is over 94% But still there are many doubts arises in minds of patients before the surgery.
Pain after Knee / Hip Replacement Surgery can be a worrisome factor that deters the determination to undergo surgery. With recent advances in medical technology, it is possible to perform joint replacement surgeries via Minimally Invasive Techniques, wherein patients can get painless surgeries and painless post-operative period. With this technique your new knee will feel as comfortable as you feel at home. Our idea is to comfort patients and help them eliminate the fear of Knee and Hip replacement.
A. Surgery using Minimally Invasive Technique: Minimally Invasive Surgery technique is used when the muscles around the joints are NOT CUT. This approach doesn’t incite the inflammation as much as the conventional technique. Hence the surgery is painless, recovery is quick and most patients begin walking within 3 to 6 hours after surgery, moreover, they can also start climbing stairs on the next day of the operation itself.
Surgical Advantages of Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery:
• Patients recovery is very fast.
• Patient can start walking within 3 to 6 hours and can start to climb stairs from the next day itself.
• The main advantage is unlike earlier where patient had to stay for weeks at hospital, now patient can get discharged within 3 to 4 days of operation treatment which is very beneficial for the patient and their recovery.
• Earlier, using the older methods, operation was done by a big incision or cut which lead to heavy blood loss but now with the minimally invasive technique, the incision or the cut is also less and hence the blood loss is also minimal during the process of knee replacement.
• Blood loss is minimal hence blood transfusion is not required.
• Pain is less and recovery is quick hence less physiotherapy is required.
• Patient don't need to take heavy anitbiotics.
• It is minimally invasive hence is stitch less surgery.
B. Unique techniques: surgery is done WITHOUT use of
DRAINBenefits of Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery:
• Less blood loss.
• Less local tissue trauma to nerves and muscles.
• Less post-operative pain.
• Less risk of complications like deep vein thrombosis, infection or blood clots, etc.
• Easier & early rehabilitation.
• Less post-operative stiffness.
For more information regarding the methods used for painless knee replacement surgery, please visit: www.drbakularora.com
To book an appointment: https://www.practo.com/thane/doctor/bakul-arora-orthopedist-1
Article By: Dr. Bakul Arora
Be the first one to comment on this article!